From the publisher:
Pairing epic sports photography with articles from The Times and The Sunday Times archive, this volume brings together 100 of the most iconic moments from World Cup history. With striking, full-colour photography, rarely seen archival images and sensational reporting on the action, The Times World Cup Moments tells the unofficial story of the world's largest single sporting event as it unfolded on - and off - the pitch. Featuring the greatest goals, most historic line-ups, heroic players and unforgettable controversies, these split-second moments have changed the course of World Cup history and generated a global sensation along the way.
The perfect gift for any football fan, some of the best moments from this book include:
* The first World Cup, Uruguay 1930
* North Korea's fairy tale, England 1966
* David Beckham's perfect free-kick, France 1998
* Brazil's golden line-up, Mexico 1970
* The infamous Hand of God, Mexico 1986
* Roger Milla's celebration, Italy 1990
* Zinedine Zidane's chipped Panenka penalty, Germany 2006
* Germany's humiliation of the hosts, Brazil 2014
* Cristiano Ronaldo's spectacular hat-trick, South Korea 2018.
Richard Whitehead is a former senior sports editor and author of a number of sports books with The Times, including On the Ashes, England's World Cup and 50 Greatest Football Matches..