From the publisher:
We will publish a special book "THE DESIGN STORY OF J.LEAGUE" to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the J.League. This book is a book that interprets the J League, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary, from the context of design. We delve into themes related to the J.League, such as logos, emblems, uniforms, mascots, merchandise, and advertising, through valuable archive materials and interviews with people involved in the J.League from its early days to the present. By looking at the J League and clubs from a different angle than usual, you may discover something new. This book can be enjoyed not only by J.League soccer fans, but also as a design book and a 90's culture book. Please feel the charm of the J League through this book.
1. 1993 Match photos Materials from the opening period J League history so far | Saburo Kawabuchi (first J League chairman)
2. Emblem / Logo J League symbol/logotype 2023 List of club emblems/logos 1993 List of club emblems/logos Thoughts behind the symbol mark｜Takuya Onuki (Art Director)
3. Jersey 1993-2022 J League club uniforms｜Selected by Classic Football Shirts 1993 List of club uniforms Looking back on 30 years of J League uniforms｜Tomo (soccer uniform researcher) ) How the original 10 uniforms were created | Shigeki Narahara (Former Mizuno Co., Ltd. Apparel Planning) Possibilities of design in soccer clubs | Yosuke Aizawa (Creative Director, Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo)
4. Mascot 2019 / 2023 Mascot General Election 2023 Mascot List 1993 Mascot List
5. Merchandise 1993-1998 Merchandise list Until the early mascots, emblems, and merchandise were born | Ryoichi Shimada x Takashi Ishizu x Takahiro Hashiba
6. Advertising Past advertisements 7. 2023 J League branding | Takram (Kinya Tagawa x Kotaro Yamaguchi x Hanzawa Tomoro) Future of the J League | Yoshikazu Nonomura (J League 6th Chairman) x Hirofumi Kiyonaga (J League Creative Director