From the publisher:
Estadio is a new series about stadiums. In Staantribune and in our books, such as Plein (Belgium), we pay a lot of attention to stadiums, large and small, but we always limit ourselves to a number of pages per stadium. We believe that some football strongholds deserve more attention. Halfway through 2022 we thought it would be nice to dedicate an entire edition to one stadium. Not in a regular magazine version or in book form, but something in between: a bookazine. Almost two hundred pages in depth with many photos and text. And as is often the case with Staantribune: if something seems like a good idea to us, we just do it.
The choice for the first stadium in this series was not very difficult: the Adelaarshorst, the home of Go Ahead Eagles, the club that - quite coincidentally - also celebrates its 120th anniversary this season. It is a stadium that a large part of the football-loving Netherlands loves, and certainly our resident photographer Marco Magielse, who captured the stadium in every nook and cranny.
In addition, this first Estadio contains:
- Özcan Akyol, city ambassador of Deventer, about his life with Go Ahead Eagles
- The history of Go Ahead Eagles in 19 special objects
- The Go Ahead stadium in matchsticks (!)
- Report in the Vetkampstraat
- Martin Kleine Schaars, architect of the Adelaarshorst
- Memorial Garden
- The light poles and the gable
- B-Side: the heart of the Adelaarshorst
- The old main stand
- The story of the Klokke
Message from Stanchion:
Please note that this is publication is entirely in Dutch, with no English translation available.