Stanchion x South London Gallery Bookshop - London Football Book Market
STANCHION BOOKS X SOUTH LONDON GALLERY BOOKSHOP PRESENTS
London Football Book Market
Saturday 27th May, 11am-6pm
@ South London Gallery, SE5 8UH
Free event, all ages welcome
Join Stanchion Books and South London Gallery Bookshop for the London Football Book Market celebrating the wealth of independent football publishing that is transforming the way we see and speak about the beautiful game.
An exciting mix of publishers, authors, illustrators and other football brands will be present selling books, magazines, fanzines, photobooks, shirts, prints and other merchandise.
There a pop-up exhibition curated by Football Beyond Borders, an educational charity that uses the power of football to reengage young people in education and develop key Social Emotional Learning skills to change the lives of young people. The exhibition is called “Squad Goals,” which aims to develop Relationship Skills, Self Awareness and Social Awareness, with the equal goal of forming a positive group dynamic as an FBB ‘Squad.’
Book signings with Eve Ainsworth, Dev Bajwa and Ian Plenderleith (TBC) will take place throughout the day and, to round things up, Ashley Hickson-Lovence will be discussing his book Your Show, his stirring novel about Uriah Rennie, the Premier League’s first black match official published by Faber.
The event is free entry all day, open to all ages.
The timings for the day are as follows:
11:00 - doors open
12:00 - Book signing - Eve Ainsworth
13:30 - Book signing - Dev Bhajwa
15:00 - Book signing - Ian Plenderleith
17:00 - Event - Ashley Hickson-Lovence
18:00 - doors close
Alongside Stanchion Books, confirmed stallholders are:
Football is Everywhere
The Graphic Bomb
The Mighty Delta
When Saturday Comes
(lineup subject to change)
The South London Gallery Bookshop will also be open, where you will find a curated selection of books, magazines, artists’ editions, stationery and gifts.
- The London Football Book Market will be located in the Clore Studio, inside the South London Gallery. The gallery and the studio are both wheelchair accessible.
- The Orozco Garden features a series of steps and seating, and is partly accessible.
- You can view full details on access on the South London Gallery website.
- The first hour of the London Football Book Market will be a ‘quiet hour’, where the volume of the music is low and capacity in the room is capped to ensure the space is accessible. After 12PM the space may become busy and loud.
- If you have any access requirements and would like to attend outside the quiet hour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.